Typically once I’ve decided to do something , I couldn’t wait. So I got stuck into dismantling this old archway last week & now have a view from the house out across the garden.
This took four whole days to remove & clear all the debris. With deeply planted wooden posts, a metal frame & steel rods attaching the two,all of course knitted together & gripped by ivy roots, it was not as straight forward as first thought.
I think you’ll agree though, it was well worth the effort……
I’ve taken the above photo with the fisheye lens because it is the widest angle lens.
As you can see, I also stripped ivy off the stones in the centre of lawn surrounding the Rhododendrons & will now be able to enjoy the lovely Camellia Sasanqua which starts to flower next month which will continue until January !
Plus all the autumn colour of the Sumach trees will be more visible from inside the house.
Fortunately I have all the tools need for the job.
I was originally going to take down the Italian cypress on the right,but once all the ivy & lover dead branches had been removed I rather like the elegance of the bare trunk, so it has been reprieved.
As you can see,the bee man has still not taken his ladder away, I don’t think he knows how to capture the bees in the roof .
Of course one job always leads to another & now I can see the far trees more clearly, I’m eying the ugly palm in the top lefthand corner of first photo, I did have one removed earlier in the year,but I shall just take the ivy & dead leaves off this one.